19 March 2019
IPI Service Alert
Date: March 19, 2019
To: All Our Valuable Customers
Re: IPI Service Alert
The Midwest has been hit hard by severe weather and record floods. Unfortunately, this series of weather events has caused significant damage to rail networks, which has made it necessary to issue embargoes for traffic originating, destined or moving through the network.
Numerous Union Pacific subdivisions and corridors continue to be out of service due to flooding and track washouts. The immediate effects of these storms include the following subdivisions :
- Omaha Subdivision (Missouri Valley, Iowa, to Fremont, Nebraska), There is a residual effect on intermodal traffic to and from Northern California, PNW and Chicago and points East of Chicago, please expect delays of 24-48 hours.
- Blair Subdivision (Fremont, Nebraska, to Missouri Valley, Iowa)
- Columbus Subdivision (Fremont, Nebraska, to Grand Island, Nebraska)
- Lincoln Subdivision (Valley, Nebraska, to Lincoln, Nebraska)
- Falls City Subdivision (Council Bluffs, Iowa, to Kansas City, Kansas)
Imperial will continue to provide you with additional information as it become available. The next update to this service advisory will be provided